Our resident chef Vinnie, has shared one of his mouthwatering recipes below, and this week it is the classic Beef Stroganoff.
This is a really quick and easy recipe that I usually serve with rice, however it will also go great with pasta as well. A fab winter warmer for the midweek.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 500g beef fillet tails, cut into thin strips (we can do that for you)
- 440g beef consomme, or stock
- 65ml Burgundy or Pinot Noir wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water, or as needed
- 250g sour cream or double cream
- Chives to garnish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until slightly tender. Mix in mushrooms and continue cooking 2 minutes. Place the fillet tails strips in the saucepan and cook for about 1 minute. Mix in consomme, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly blend flour with cold water until smooth. Reduce saucepan heat to low. While stirring constantly, slowly pour flour mixture into saucepan. Gradually return to boil while stirring rapidly until sauce is thick and smooth. Cover saucepan and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and stir in sour cream. Add the snipped chives and serve over cooked rice or pasta
If you want to make the meal go further then add sliced peppers when you add the mushrooms.
If you don’t want to use corn flour then you can increase the heat and “reduce” down the cream in order to thicken