Our resident chef Vinnie, has shared another of his mouthwatering recipes below, and this one is Slow Roast Lamb
This is the perfect lazy Sunday roast using a fantastic cut of the Lamb that needs very little doing to it!
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 kg shoulder of lamb
- olive oil
- 500 g seasonal greens
- Preheat the oven on the highest temperature
- Place half the rosemary into the bottom of a roasting tray. Chop the garlic bulb, then put half on to the rosemary.
- Cut the fat side of the lamb all over with a sharp knife, (ask us to do this for you instead!) and rub with oil, salt and black pepper. Place into the tray, then cover with the remaining rosemary and garlic on top.
- Cover the roasting tray with tin foil really tightly and place in the oven. Immediately turn the temperature down to 170°C/325°F/gas 3 and cook for around 4 hours, you will know when it’s done as you will be able to pull the meat off the bone with a fork!
Serve with Duck Fat Roasties cooked for the last hour with the Lamb.
Seasonal greens are the perfect veg for this dish as well.